LGV Class C Licence Acquisition (5 Day Course) + CPC Module 4
The Category C driving licence allows people to drive rigid vehicles up to 32 tonnes. These vehicles can include bin wagons, tippers, flat-beds and curtain-sided vehicles. The course content is aimed at fully preparing candidates by teaching them the correct driving techniques and procedures to reach the standard required in order to pass a DVSA driving test. The course is delivered in a class 2 (rigid) lorry.
This course comprises of two elements:
PART 1: a 4 day practical course with a test on day 5.
PART 2: associated knowledge practical test (CPC Module 4) - training and test
In order to attend this course each candidate needs to be 18 years old and hold a full Category B (Car) licence. Steps required to obtain a full category C licence are as follows:
1. Pass a medical examination
2. Apply for category C provisional driving licence entitlement
3. Pass a theory and hazard perception test (CPC Module 1)
4. Pass case study theory test (CPC Module 2)
5. Pass the practical driving test (CPC Module 3)
6. Pass associated knowledge practical test (CPC Module 4)
1. When a person passes a Category C driving test, they also have the automatic entitlement to drive vehicles in Category C1.
2. Once a Module 4 test is passed a candidate receives a Driver CPC qualification. This is valid for 5 years. Candidates then must complete 35 hours periodic training within those 5 years and every 5 years thereafter.
Training is conducted on 2:1 or 1:1 basis.
Cost: £990.00 + Practical driving test fee £115 + Module 4 test fee £55